Before switching to paleo, one of my favourite dishes was Orechiette (pasta that looks like little ears) with Rapini and Chicken Sausage. Also loved it on pizza! Here is a quick recipe share. Enjoy!
Mushrooms with Rapini and Chicken Sausage
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or oil of choice), separated
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken sausage
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch of rapini, stems removed and cut into thirds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (or more, if you like the heat)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil and steam rapini for approx. 4 minutes, then place in colander to drank. (Alternatively, you could blanch and drain)
- In a shallow pan, heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil and cook mushrooms for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same shallow pan, place chicken sausage, parsley, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook well – break apart sausage while cooking. Once cooked, set aside.
- Again, in the same pan, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of avocado oil and sauté chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Place rapini back in the pan and mix with garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken sausage and mushrooms to the pan and mix well.
- Enjoy 🙂