Oh, hi! Remember me?
My apologies for the lack of posts. Life happened, things got super busy, I was cracking down on finishing school and I am now happy to announce that I am officially a Nutritional Therapy Consultant! 🙂
Lots of new content coming your way, but alas, a recipe to share.
For those who have been following me on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), you may be aware that I am currently following an Autoimmune Paleo Protocol or AIP for short.
What is Autoimmune Paleo Protocol?
Basically… following ancestral ways of eating/paleo principles (no dairy, grains, legumes, refined sugar, or anything processed) and further eliminating foods that promote intestinal permeability or “leaky gut” which can further assault the immune system. In addition to following paleo, I am eliminating natural sweeteners, eggs, nuts, seeds, dairy (including grass fed butter and ghee), and nightshades (ie. potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, etc) and spices that come from nightshades (i.e., chili, paprika, black pepper, etc.)
Why am I doing this?
I am curious to know if any of the foods I am eliminating are problematic for me and also to continue my journey to healing my gut.
I am 9 days in. The first 5 days were very tiring. Super fatigued. A lot of bloating has gone down. I know food works for me when my sleep is so deep… and I’m at that point right now! Anyway, I am planning on sticking the course as much as possible and will have an update once I am done! But in the mean time… a recipe for some AIP / WHOLE 30 / 21 day sugar detox friendly Chicken Wings that only has 6 ingredients.
Lemon Cilantro Chicken Wings
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 40ish minutes
– 1 lb of chicken wings
– handful (or more) of cilantro
– zest of one lemon
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– 2 tbsp coconut aminos
– 2 tbsp avocado oil
– garlic salt, to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with foil. Place a baking rack atop the foil
2. In a bowl, season chicken wings with garlic salt and set aside
3. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender / nutribullet / vitamin and blend it up! Shouldn’t take too long
4. Pour lemon-cilantro marinade in the bowl with chicken wings. Mix to combine and make sure all wings are covered
Optional: You can marinate over night, but if you don’t have the time – that’s okay!
5. Place chicken wings 1 inch apart on wire rack and bake for 40 minutes, turning over once at half time, aka at 20 minutes
6. Enjoy! 🙂