Yesterday, felt like -40 degrees celsius in Toronto. Ridiculous! Sigh… anyway, dreaming of warmer weather has me making summer-type foods. Here is a simple recipe for chicken burger patties. Enjoy! 🙂
Mushroom Chicken Burgers
Yields: 6 patties | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Cook Time 35 minutes
- 1 cup of cremini mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter, divided
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp garlic salt or garlic powder
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a cast iron pan or skillet melt 1 tbsp butter on medium heat and add cremini mushrooms. Cook mushrooms, until liquid is gone (10-12 minutes), then set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked mushrooms with ground chicken and season with garlic salt, parsley flakes and salt and pepper
- Form ground chicken mixture into patties (I used a 3 inch biscuit cutter)
- On medium heat, melt the remaining butter in a cast iron pan and cook the patties well (5-7 minutes each side) – I flipped them a few times to avoid any burning
- Serve them up with whatever you like and enjoy!
On March 3rd, in honour of International Women’s Day, I will be sharing my real food story alongside an incredible panel of women. Last call for tickets is tomorrow, I believe – see flyer and details below! Hope to see some of you there!
Event Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1767357453490133/
HERStory: An inspiring panel & conversation about trials, triumph & transformation. Presented by How She Hustles women’s network
Tuesday, March 3, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
YWCA Elm Centre, 87 Elm St, Toronto ON
Opening Remarks by Paulette Senior, CEO, YWCA Canada
Emily Mills, Founder & SHEeo, How She Hustles
Panel moderator: Nneka Elliott, Reporter/Anchor, CP24
Michelle Lochan, Business Advisor/Owner, Marketstart
Michelle Engson, Registered Nurse & Nutritional Therapy Enthusiast
Karen Jewels, Artist & CEO, Upright Music Republic
Sasha Dymond, Casting Director, Dymond Concept Entertainment
$30 Advance online purchase – http://herstory.brownpapertickets.com
In honour of International Women’s Day, How She Hustles presents an inspiring panel and candid conversation with women who will share their stories of trials, triumph and transformation. Hear the personal and professional journeys of women who have transformed their health, families and small businesses – while motivating other women to better their lives too. Hear real talk from real women on everything from turning side hustles into a successful start-ups, how to turn obstacles into opportunities, and how to find balance between our personal lives and professional aspirations. Come get practical tips and the motivation you need to find success on your own terms.
Don’t miss this unique event, important discussion and the chance to network with some of Toronto’s most diverse and dynamic women. Seating is limited so get your tickets today. You can also join the conversation online tag @[null:#howshehustles] to share YOUR inspiring story of transformation or triumph.
Note: This event is by women and exclusively for women.