My weeknights are pretty packed with school and extra curricular activities like hourglass and bikram yoga, so I’m all about quick and simple meals made in one pot! Coming home from work with no food prepared usually goes a little something like this:
1. Look in the fridge
2. Ask myself, “What can I make with the ingredients I already have?”
3. Make it.
Most of my best meals come from being spontaneous. I have to remind myself to write down or remember exactly what I use and how I make it, so that I can share it with you all! 🙂
This meal is so flavorful and will definitely be one of my go-to meals! I remember coming home at 4:55pm this night and my meal was made by 5:15pm. Try it for yourself!
Also, I have officially completed 2 weeks of the 21-day sugar detox! 🙂
Garlic Bay Scallops and Bacon Zoodles
Yields: 4 servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked to your liking and chopped in to bits
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 lb bay scallops
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Spiralize zucchini and set aside
- In a skillet or cast iron pan, fry bacon until crispy and set aside
- In the same pan (bacon fat included), saute garlic for 30 seconds
- Add cremini mushrooms and scallops and saute for 4-5 minutes
- Add spiralled zucchini and combine well
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from heat and top with chopped bacon and parsley
- Squeeze some lemon on it and EAT it up!