Guys, I apologize for the lack of posts, but life just got a little busier. A lot of big changes currently happening and I wanted to share some updates with my little army of followers. Rest assured, a recipe will be posted at the end! 🙂
I will be turning 30 in a few days and normally I would be sulking at the thought of getting one year older, but this year feels different. This year I am embracing the changes and am feeling very thankful and blessed for everything I have and the people in my life. I am ready to say good bye to my twenties and start this new decade. A lot of things to look forward to this year and beyond. So let’s begin with some updates, shall we?
1. Logo Launch — You may or may not have noticed my new logo. I won’t mention too, too much about my logo or website right now, but stay tuned (30 day paleo challenge coming up)! Thanks to the wonderful Jill for helping me with my logo and branding.
2. Yoga Every Damn Day/60 Day Bikram Yoga Challenge — Last year I completed a 30 day challenge and because 30 days isn’t challenging enough (who am I?), I decided to double up and do 60 days with my 30th class landing on my 30th birthday (hence… #journeyto30). Bikram Yoga has always been so mentally, physically and emotionally challenging for me, but also very rewarding and this is why I am so hooked. I have already completed 21 days and I feel amazing! The only thing different is that I am doing classes with friends — Hi Kelly, Melanie and Linda! Stay tuned for my post-60 day Bikram Yoga Wrap Up!
3. Back to School — This is one of the biggest updates from me. Never thought this day would come, but yes, you heard right, I am going back to school. Not nursing related at all, but who said nursing had to be my end-all be-all? This year, I’ve learned to listen to the whispers of the universe and follow my dreams and passions. Say hello to your future Nutritional Therapy Consultant. Very excited to begin this journey and share my knowledge.
And… last but not least, a recipe share (of course!).
NFL Season has begun so my goal is to share some healthier snacking options. This week I will be sharing an easy recipe for classic hot chicken wings!
Butta Hot Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs. of chicken wings
- 2 tbsp of grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup of grass-fed butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cover a large baking tray with foil and place a cooling rack on top
- Clean chicken wings and pat dry thoroughly
- Place chicken wings on rack, at least one inch apart; do not let them touch
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter and brush the chicken wings lightly
- Bake wings for 30 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes
- While wings are baking, melt butter (1/4 cup) over medium heat in a small sauce pan, then add your hot sauce. Simmer sauce over low heat until chicken wings are ready
- When wings are cooked, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Toss with wing sauce and enjoy! 🙂