When life gets busy, I become dependent on convenience foods. Convenience foods are meals that are quick and require little preparation.
Here are two recipes that I have discovered this week that I absolutely love. They are effortless, quick and delicious: Chocolate Banana Pudding and a recipe share for Avocado Sweet Potato Toast. Enjoy!
Chocolate Banana Pudding
Yields: 2 servings
1 can of coconut milk
1 large banana
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Toppings (optional): fruit, nuts, cacao nibs, etc.
1. Place can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and let sit overnight
2. Once coconut milk is chilled, open can and drain liquid into another container (save liquid to use for a smoothie)
3. Scoop coconut cream into a medium sized bowl
4. Add banana, vanilla extract and cocoa powder
5. Use a hand mixer and blend until smooth
6. Top with toppings of choice
7. Best served when chilled, but you can eat it right away!
Avocado Sweet Potato Toast
(recipe from @thewhetappetite on Instagram)
Yield: 4 pieces of toast
– 2 sweet potatoes
– 1 ripe avocado
– 1/2 lime
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– Sea salt
– Black pepper
– Toppings of choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Thinly slice sweet potatoes lengthwise and brush each side with olive oil
3. Place sweet potato slices on a nonstick pan and roast on middle rack for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through
4. Remove sweet potato slices from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes
5. Halve avocado, remove pit, mash the avocado with a fork
6. Add a dash of salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime to taste
7. Spread the avocado mash on the sweet potato with a fork
4. Add toppings of choice
In my photo, I use: smoked salmon, salsa and a soft boiled egg.