I love spending time in the kitchen to cook, but my schedule does not always permit me to do so. With working 12-hour days, maintaining a regular wellness routine, trying to have a social life and ensuring I get 7-8 hours of sleep a night, I have to plan out my meal prep days. I`m a big advocate of meal prep (more on this later)! Meal prepping allows me to cook a few times a week and not to mention, it keeps me on track. Fail to plan, plan to fail!
My meal prep days vary each week in order to accommodate my crazy work schedule. When my weeks are busy, I like to prepare foods that are convenient. I often make food in bulk, use a slow cooker or prepare foods that are effortless, such as this quick and easy, yet delicious, Overnight Coconut Chia Pudding. If you are tired of bacon and eggs for breakfast (this does not apply to me), try this great alternative!
This recipe is vegan & paleo friendly.
Overnight Coconut Chia Pudding
Yields: 2 servings
– 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (I like to use Native Forest or Aroy-D)
– 2 tbsp of chia seeds
– 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
– Optional: 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder (for a chocolate version)
– Toppings: Fruit, Nuts, Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, Cacao Nibs, whatever you like!
*NOTE: You can use a sweetener if you wish, but I prefer it without
1. Place full-fat coconut milk, chia seeds & pure vanilla extract in a mason jar (something that can be covered) & mix well
2. Put jar in fridge to sit overnight
3. Top as desired & EAT!
*Note: You will need to warm it up for about 30-45 seconds before eating