If you are looking for a low glycemic carb, try making sweet potato fries. These are my all time favourite anytime snack. This is how I make my Sweet Potato Fries everytime & I happily dip them in Homemade Olive Oil Mayo!
Oven-Baked Crispy Sweet Potato Frites
Ingredients (2 person serving)
– 1 large sweet potato
– 1 tbsp of oil (I use either melted coconut oil or olive oil)
– salt & pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut sweet potato into matchsticks or “fry-like” (With or without the skin – I prefer with skin off, but when I’m lazy I’ll keep them on)
3. Toss oil, cumin, salt & pepper with the fries
4. Place seasoned fries on a baking tray lined with parchment paper – the parchment paper is KEY, it makes them crispy!
5. Bake for 30-32 minutes, flipping the fries half way (they are ready when the edges are brown)
6. EAT! Dip in Mayo! Nom nom nom!